Monday, June 29, 2015

It Ain't Pretty

"Had a feeling, I was feeling alright but it just happened to be Saturday night. I put my lipstick on a little too bright then I took a deep breathe and started to drive. He'd let me in without a cover charge. Found my way to the back of the bar. Peeled the corners of a cocktail napkin, watching everybody smiling, laughing.

I just bought a drink downtown all alone. Searching through the names, getting lost in my cellphone.

I made my way to the bathroom mirror. Standing next to some girl spilling beer. She didn't notice I was drying my tears. Just look at me now, God, how'd I get here?

'Cause I just kissed a boy and I barely even knew his name. I let him take me by the hand, hold me close while our old song played.

I almost dialed your number to remind what you did but I think it might be better to just let this night end. So, I just called a cab outside, it's starting to rain. I got my high heels in my hand--I'm ready for the walk of shame... It ain't pretty when a heart breaks."

Lady Antebellum

No comments:

Post a Comment