Monday, June 8, 2015

Things I Want to Remember (2)

Walking through drizzly raining in the wet peaceful soil of Ann Arbor--under my blue and yellow umbrella. I wished I could wear only a hoodie but unfortunately, my health was not really that fit at the moment.

Then fulfilling my crave over a cheap but good pizza that I could buy in the corner of my street.

The person that served me smiled warmly and asked me where I was coming from? I said Indonesia and he repeated the name of my country.

He asked me to signed the bill and I gave him $1 as a tip. When he checked the bill, he looked at me and said, "You touch my heart so much! Here I give you another pizza!"

I was taken aback, surprised. I gave him $1 and he gave me $2 pizza in return--I spoke my thought out loud.

He just said, "No, no worries! You touch my heart so much so why not..."

Usually when a guy (particularly a stranger) did that to me, I would say that was creepy--but I sensed sincerity in his gesture that made me less weary.

Then I thanked him and wished him a good night.

When I walked back home, I thought to myself...

Maybe we touched hearts at some points in our live but we never realize about it.
Should we or should we not realize about that?

There was no 'should' or 'should not', just simply appreciate the kind gesture from those people and keep touching people's heart consciously or unconsciously--by present them the best version of ourselves every single time. Treat them with kindness like we want to be treated.

Because "character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you" and if I might add, also when you treat those who can do something for you.

Both requires genuineness from our part.

That was the way to be really remarkable in someone else's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment