Monday, June 15, 2015

And Finally The 'love at first sight' Has Name

I remembered I posted something about putting huge expectation over my solo trip. It turned out that it was not the solo trip, it was this next trip that fulfilled that expectation.

I was not going alone this time, it was a very far destination--eight hours drive to be precised. And you could only reach the place by driving and I could not drive. So yeah, it was only make sense if it was not another solo trip. We also only spent three days in the North, not the ideal numbers to embrace all the beauties in there, but I would not dare to complain.

However, through this very short trip... I discovered a lot. I thought more than I was allowed to. Aha! Not a good sign, wasn't it? I guess it was okay.

There was a night, it was in the second day of our exploration, we went to a small town called Marquette. When we drove through the downtown and then... I was gone.

It was a very pretty small town. Some people might say that I was exaggerating, other might say that they had seen better, but me... I was so in love it made me unable to think clearly. It was like the perfect realization of an imaginary town that I have created in my novel day by day.

The town was near the beach. There were a lot of small stores and small boats along the shore. They were so fascinating! You could walk along them, or just sat there--enjoying the fantastic view of the magnificent lake.

There were a lot of small buildings. The golden hours complimented their shapes beautifully. Even they built the library in a very classy way!

I could imagine myself living there for a week or two. Staying in one of those affordable airbnb rooms. Talking to strangers or even creating a very quick friendship. Running along the shore every morning. Walking around downtown every afternoon. Sitting in the coffee shop. Eating in a beautiful restaurant near the beach. Having my favorite spot in the coffee shop--most likely near with the big wide window. Sipping my coffee during the cloudy or rainy days. Writing my novel because I was simply so inspired by this small town.

Oh boy, I thought I was just struck by the 'love at first sight' curse! Well, since I never believed in it, but then here came... Marquette. You sneaky little Marquette!

No comments:

Post a Comment