Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Dear Insecurity

"Heard a story the other day took place at the local VA, a father talking to his dying son. This was his conversation:
'It's not supposed to be like this, you can't go first I can't handle this!'
The boy said,
'Dad now don't you cry. Remember when I was a child you used to tell me when I'd ask why?
You'd say gravity is gravity, it doesn't try to pull you down.
Stone is stone, it can't help but hold its ground. The wind just blows, though you can't see. It's everywhere like I'll always be. You already are what you are and what you are... is strong enough...'
Look in the mirror, now that's another story to tell.
I give love to others but I give myself hell.
I'd have to tell myself, 'In every scene there's a perfect plan'...
Everything I hoped to be I already am."

~Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment