Sunday, June 7, 2015

Solo Trip

Finally I am able to write the update about the famous 'Solo Trip' with hastag #PSDay in Instagram. I was so crazy and pretend to act like an actress or some random famous people with all the hastag stuff...anyway that is not the problem here and I know it was too much and foolish but... it was fun! Ha!

I would love to share several experiences that I have during my solo trip. Some might say that I overreacted over the solo trip but the first would always be the first nonetheless. So please bear with me and my overreaction-ness. New word was invented!

The first day, I was scared. Of course I was! I was staying in an apartment with a stranger but it turned out to be good. Even when I should be really aware of my surrounding everytimen I walked back home during the night, but then I overcame that feeling. It was... crazy.

I enjoyed the city so much.

Due to the unfortunate delay of my airlines, I did not have much chance to explore on the first day; I only dined in and went back to the apartment.

During this solo trip, there were several struggle that I should overcome. Basically this solo trip was intended for me to learn how to save, find and know myself more. Not only that, I thought during a solo trip, you were also  challenging yourself t:

First, feeling content even when you miss and wish your significant others were there.

Second, not feeling lonely in the middle of the crowd.

Third, able to entertain your own self.

Fourth, capable to appreciate all the simple beauties around you and be inspired over them!

It was... hard!

LOL.

People said ( I thought I had mentioned about it in my previous post) that your biggest enemy was staring at you in the mirror. Yes, it was yourself. Sometime your brain tortured you by thinking too much and brought all the bad memories back. Or your heart was being the beast that it was, uncontrollably demanded something that you could not afford at that time. That was why I found those four things were so hard to comply.

But then...

At some point, during the trip I was able to accomplish them.

I even found my new strength and weakness or any other non-sense detail about my self that I was not aware before.

For example, I hated to ask people to take pictures of me! All I wanted was taking picture of my surrounding but then my Mom commanded (yes, you read it right) me to take pictures of myself. I did not want to do selfie during that travel, it was kind of embarrassing and showed that you were really lonely. But hell, I thought, it was my solo traveling; I could do whatever I want.

I did not do selfie too much though, I did some sel-video-fie more!

It was fun to discover yourself more. It was great to know your limit. It was excellent to accept reality that there were a lot of problem that could only be overcame by time.

Honestly, before this solo trip I put a high expectation over myself to solve some issues in me. I relied so much and believed that life would do its magic through this traveling. But bummm! It did not work like that.

Traveling should not be an  'escape'--every traveler understood that traveling was about discovery not a cowardly flee move. You discovered other places, new people, new culture and yes, put 'new' or 'unknown' before every word. You traveled not to run away from your life, but to expand it by discovering many new things.

It also applied to ourselves.

During that solo trip, I realized that I should have done it not to escape from what I felt and what I suffered, but conversely, I should be able to face my self--all of them. To discover what I really want. What I really need. If those issues that we suffered were then overcame after that, it was because we first had discovered ourselves. Those positive result were only the positive impact of knowing ourselves more through the solo traveling.

Was it too philosophical?

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment