Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Power of Social Media

I was deactivating my Facebook for a month. Alas, I didn't have any conservative contact of several persons that I would like to meet. Hence, I hesitantly activated it now so I could conveniently contact them. I was so surprise with a lot of overwhelming news on my timeline. Started from graduation, wedding, engagement and every single thing you could imagine ever existed were on Facebook. And then, I realized I missed my friends' news just because I did not use Facebook.

I honestly did not know whether to laugh or cry because of that.

However, it also opened my eyes how social medias were now being a significant part of our life. It was the reminder of your friends' birthday. It was the easiest way to know how life's treating them. It was the shortest string to keep in touch with your significant others.

I could not believe I should activate my Facebook again just to contact my friends. It was also an alarming situation how I should have done better in reaching out through them and not using social media as the only communication tool. Right?

Or should we just give in and settle with the understanding of social media as the new 'conservative' communication instrument?

Technology and the art of using it...

No comments:

Post a Comment