Friday, July 3, 2015

A Talk About Friendship

Let's talk about friendship!

Friendship was one thing that I valued for life. In this life, so far, I found a lot of angels in my path. I cherished them with my life. Knowing them for years or even months were an honor and a pleasant experience and memory.

Today I would like to think about the number six for six years. Our six years of friendship was something that saved me so many times. Through the bad and the good, our bond was saving me.

They were the reason I went home willingly because I knew I would meet them again. People who knew me completely... who have been through a lot with me.

We introduced ourselves to each other with our own unique way.

I knew her from the very beginning--when we both stepped to our campus in those first days. Since day one, we have been good for each other. She was like my mirror. The middle born with two sisters. The fighter. We fell in love and broke our heart almost at the same time. We liked to document our stories. We understood each other, sometimes words were not needed. We were just so similar yet still differently unique. It was... astonishing.

Once upon a time we fought and did not talk for one month...but finally, we knew that we could not live without each other. Eventually, we made up. Forgetting about the anger and disappointment for we knew our friendship was way stronger than that.

--

I knew her from that boring class. We sat next to each other and crazily made fun of our boring lecturer, while took our notes diligently. I did not know how we managed it, but we survived the class. We became inseparable ever since. It was like I met my match. She drove me crazy. She was weird, and we were weirdos. She was my shopping partner. We could be a bunch of hedonists yet we could control each other's craziness. Well, mostly I was the one who was in control because she was just so impulsive.

One day we misunderstood each other. We parted way for I did not know how long until we both realized that it was a stupid misunderstanding. I did not know how it was end but I did know that our friendship was so real; there was no way we kept ourselves from preserving the bond.

--

I knew him also from the start. Funnily, we formed our bond through Yahoo Messenger. Yes, we were that old. It was crazy that we talked very little on our first months of classes, but then became really closed through chit chat during the  holiday. And when we met again after the holiday, our friendship became real.

He was the wise one. He was the older brother I never had. He was my guardian. He was my adviser. He was always watching me and taking a very good care of me. He did not need words to express how he care for me. He was always there for me and her--and I knew, whatever situation or even decision( both good and bad) that I take, he would always be there to support me. For me, he was no longer my friend... he was my brother.

--

They were my rocks.
They were my real.
They were one of the best decisions that I made in my life.
They were my shoulder to cry on.

They were the 'time' and 'tape' who fix my broken heart.
They were the constant.
They were also my favorite mistakes.
They were my wings and grounds.

Yes, six years and still counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment