Sunday, May 31, 2015

Type

Yes, I know. In a very peaceful Sunday morning I want to write about type. This topic is kind of bugging my head and I don't like it so I decide to pour this bugs all over my keyboards. Yesterday, I had a funny experience and talk though.

Well, as usual, unlike other people who were most definitely content to stay inside when it was raining, I just wandered in downtown. I invited a dear honorable lady to have a coffee with me and she said yes. Which was such a joy. She was one of the people that I discover during my coffee project--which I was so thankful about. We talked about life, education system, lawyering and a lot of other stuff while enjoying our coffee--well I take it back, it was an Italian espresso for her and a yogurt for me. Yes, I know, I was a chicken. But I have my own defense, I need to be decaffeinated before I'm going home. My mom will kill me if I drink coffee without a good reason.

And after a lovely talk, the windy weather did not prevent me to go for a tea by myself. Ha! Talking about an inconsistency act! But again, for my defense, it was also only a cup of super bitter green tea that I will never order again in the future. Only a very little amount of caffeine.

There I sat, near the big wide window. Watching people and the lovely rainy weather while writing my new novel.

Eventually, I felt that someone was staring at me. I then looked for the source of this nudging feeling and yes... my stare bumped into the pair of most beautiful grey-bluish eyes. His hair was pitch black that reach upon his broad shoulder. His face was well-decorated with facial hair, all in the right places. He wore a simple black t-shirt with dark jeans, stared at me from his seat--which was across my table. He was just... my type? Artificially? Someone that I would gladly flirting with.

Nano seconds later, I shifted my focus back to my laptop. Then I begun thinking... (yes, I managed to banish his temptation even after 4 stolen glances later)

I thought about my type. My artificial type? It's been quite a while since I thought about this silly thing. I remembered I had several types that were kind of strangely incompatible if I applied to my current situation--they were:
1. Manly. Like super duper uber manly! You know Thor? That was my type. With a strong body and all. Well swoon, ladies! It was okay to swoon over a guy like that! Aha~ let's stop talking about Thor, shall we? By manly, I mean a sporty guy. Like a guy who is really really really into sport, even when I am a lazy girl when it comes to sport. Yes, I know, life is unfair... so deal with it boys!
2. Smart and intelligence. I did not know whether this one could be classified as 'artificial' or not. I wanted a guy who I could talk about every single thing with. Given my random minds and thoughts, it would be wonderful to have a guy that I could talk for hours about economic, politics, legal matters, family problems, psycho analyze, personal issues, grades, and etc. etc. the list was endless. And that beloved, needed intelligence for sure! I did not say that I was smart and everything, but still, that kind of endless conversation needed two witty minds.
3. Strong charisma and leadership! It felt like this requirement fulfill the criteria of being a president rather than a partner, but then I admire someone who had these two qualities. Weird, right? Yes, I know.
4. A loner and independent guy. A guy that did not need anyone else to survive. He was simply being an independent guy. Did not need anyone. He liked being surrounded by his friends yet it was not something mandatory for him. He was just complete and happy and survive with himself. Yes, a guy who had his own world worked steadily around him. It was important for me because I did not do needy, clingy and possessiveness. Just. No. Ok?
5. The most important one... I just simply trust him. He was reliable. He knew how to handle me and etc.

Voila!
They are my artificial types!

If only a woman's heart understands that it needs to follow such rules, life will be easier.

Sadly, woman is more a psychological creatures and man is more artificial one. Which means, most women fall for a guy not because of artificial things but simply because of the way he makes her feel. Of course there are exceptions. A lot of women also fall because a guy is simply convenient and eligible--not because who he is but because of what he has. It happens vice versa for both genders too, I guess. However, most of them are following the rules. Which leads me to another question...

What if an ugly (according to the artificial world's standard which I strongly disagree because for me every human is beautiful in their own way) woman fall for a beautiful and eligible guy? It must be so sad if the guy is an artificial one... because he will never give the woman a chance to show him who she is.

For me it was just sad--maybe that is why I love Beauty and The Beast.

But...

You know what, who am I to judge? Everyone has their own choice. They choose to be artificial then let them be. They choose to be the opposite, then let them be too. Why not?

Right?

---

After thinking about that stuff under random stares from this cute stranger. He went away and I also went to meet my friend. Definitely abandoning my artificial attraction. Well, it seems like my stupid heart has a bigger issue to deal with currently, it looses any interest to any other male species.

Well, during the night I had a good talk with my friend over a crepe. A delicious one. We talked about type (of course I needed to share my thoughts with someone), and I guess the talk just validated my points.

Hmmm... artificial?
Artificially in love (where your types are all that matters because you just simply fall for what she/he has) vs. Naturally in love (where there is no type at all because you just simply fall for who he/she is)?
Hmmm...
Artificial?
That word feels weird in my tongue...

Maybe because we are all artificial until we discover what's beyond the surface. Discover not only others but also ourselves. Funny things about human, sometimes they do not know what they want and they need.

Discovery. That is the key to beat the artificiality in ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment