Sunday, May 24, 2015

Angels by Lang Leav

"It happens like this. One day you meet someone and for some inexplicable reason, you feel more connected to this stranger than anyone else--closer to them than your closest family. Perhaps because this person carries an angel within them--one sent to you for some higher purpose, to teach you an important lesson or to keep you safe during a perilous time. What you must do is trust in them--even if they come hand in hand with pain or suffering--the reason for their presence will become clear in due time.
Though here is a word of warning--you may grow to love this person but remember they are not yours to keep. Their purpose isn't to save you but to show you how to save yourself. And once this is fulfilled, the halo lifts and the angel leaves their body as the person exits your life. They will be a stranger to you once more.
....................
It's so dark right now, I can't see any light around me.
That's because the light is coming from you. You can't see it but everyone else can..."

I am hardly ever quoting something in my blog. For me, someone else's master pieces are theirs to share not mine. However, this morning I started my calm Sunday morning (yet full of headache and nausea) with Love and Misadventure by Lang Leav. It is a poetry book.

The first time my best friend introduced this book to me, I knew that I would love this kind of book. It is so straightforward. It is not cheesy at all. It is full of realistic metaphors. It feels like a blade, it cuts you deep, makes you bleeding with emotion yet brings smile to your face--because you know it is worth the emotional explosion.

Now, I am the one who becomes so cheesy in describing this book. Maybe because of the fact that writings always have their special way to touch my heart deeper than any verbal expressions. In writings, people put their thoughts and efforts. It is so genuine and pure.

Through pen, you will feel bad if you lie. Because unlike verbal words that can be whisked away by the wind easily...if you put lies in your writing, they will always be there. Documented and staring right back at you.

When I read this "Angels" piece, I did not know that it would touch me this deep. Maybe because of the fact that I was talking with my other half last night.

We did not talk for a very long time (in our version) and she demanded me to tell her about my life here. She said to me that I looked so happy in my graduation gown. All smiles with my proud family. I smiled secretly and began my tale for her...

Once I finished, she sighed.

"Will it make me a bad best friend ever if I say to you that it was a beautiful story? It was a master piece. Even, it left me speechless..."

....

"I am a writer and you are too! I imagined God was thinking so hard when He wrote this master piece. He made it so beautiful, and you were a lucky woman because He let you to be the main role in that story... Despite of everything, I wanna tell you something. This is my proudest time. I am so proud of you right now, even more than when you told me you got accepted in Umich.

I am so proud because you have grown so much. You forgive easily. You love so beautifully. And you live so bravely! You will get your beautiful ending. It is just the end of a chapter... and I cannot wait to hear the next chapter!"

"With another character perhaps?"

"Yes..."

....

And at that moment.
For the very first time during these weeks I laughed...and cried so hard at the same time.

....

My angel...
My precious precious angel...
Thank you for making me who I am today.

Never regret.
Never ever will I regret.

So nor will you, please?

2 comments: