Wednesday, April 8, 2015

H-31

Today I witnessed something simple yet so beautiful. I was reading in the corner table while eating my 'okay' lunch. Not too far from me, there was a young man sat in the sofa. He was also reading his book--He was an undergrad, I guessed. He was so serious, and he blocked people out with his ear-phone--well, like I always did when I was studying.

Eventually, there was a woman--maybe in the middle of her 40 sat in front of him. He did not realize her presence at first; the woman smiled at him so lovingly before poked him in her knee. That young man then looked at her and...

"Mom! Mom, you are here!"

Then the woman stood, followed by the young man. She hugged him so tightly, then the young man let go a little bit before saying... "Mom! You are here, how are you, Mom?"

"I'm good. And yes, I found you!"

And then he hugged her again.

That scene brought a teary smile to my face and maybe my soul. Yes, a dangerous kind of teary smile in the middle of Michigan Union. I tried so hard not to break down though.

I miss my mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment