Monday, September 7, 2015

Not An Ambitious Traveler (4)

If you asked me about Praha before, I would say that I was not curious about this city at all. It was always my best friend who wanted to visit Praha. But now, I would be lying if I had not built such special admiration for this lovely Eastern European city.

The way the golden hours shone upon Danube river...
The way my feet were half dancing when I explored those narrow streets and got lost willingly...
The way those serenity feeling warmly wrapped my heart...
The way Prague cellists touched my heart so deep with Falling Slowly melody...

I would always remember that time, right before I had to depart to Paris. I was sitting under the Charles Bridge. Eating my lunch on the side of the river while greedily devoured the view. How birds were flying freely... I was aware that this freedom that I possessed had strict limitation.

I wish I could stay there forever though. Stayed as a stranger, lived my life and wrote as much as I wanted. Took pictures and documented life. Forever be an adventurous wanderer.

I knew it was a dangerous wish, but I could not help my self from asking for much too much.

But then, as always, life could not give everything we want. At some point, we should do what we need to do, not what we want to do. Just like ourselves, there would always be the time where we ought to shut our heart down and let our brain ruled our steps.

Finally, I departed from Praha with an intense bittersweet feeling curled in my guts. I remember how I chuckled to myself when I left that amazing lunch spot. It was so ironic when I realized that Paris was no longer having the appealing effect on me. However, I could not miss this city for the world--for any reason. I needed to be there.

Nevertheless, please know this Praha, you are forever be the one which inspired and prepared me... To fight for myself. To not give up. To not be swallowed by my own misery. To be happy because of me. To forget the bitterness. To forgive. To embrace my feelings. To hope but not to expect. To accept what was not meant to be, and let it go. To remember the good memories and not letting bad memories jeopardized them.

Because of you... Now I smiled, and ready to go to the land where the famous Eiffel Tower proudly stood! Or so I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment