Saturday, September 5, 2015

Not An Ambitious Traveler (3)

Lets talk about Austria now! So after making a quick stop in Hannover, I flew to Vienna. I also met my other good friend there. The good thing was I still could sense tranquility radiated from her--the feeling that I always felt whenever she was around.

What I could narrate about Vienna, it was a very detail city. I thought I knew details from Bremen, but Vienna won it all. Started from St. Stephen Church. Every single centimeter of this church basically covered in fine detail art. It was like they did not want to miss any spot uncovered. Paintings. Statues. All blanketed in sophisticated and conservative art. It was full of beauties, since I was a big art admirer.

One sweet memory that I kept about this church was I lite a candle there. I did not know for how long I stared at the dancing little fire afterward. Nor, I knew what I wish for... all I did was watching it burned and tried hard not to cry. Funny how I just stood there and wished for nothing. Yet deep down, I knew God had uncovered what was best for me for this trip--even for my life.

There, in St. Stephen Church, I knew my heart and thought were already surrender bravely to the upcoming beautiful plan...

However, I had a small bad experience: pick-pocket. For those who liked to visit touristy place in Europe, please be super careful with your belongings because a lot of expert pick-pocket hunted after them. My money, for example, was almost ceased. Yes, even inside of the church, they were resilient. My tip was do not use a purse that was easily identify as your source of money. Use something smaller or less eye-catching. Fortunately, I caught him red handed and he flee immediately. I pitied him though, he could do way better than me. Come on, a crazy jobless girl who only brought no more than 20 Euro with her. It was definitely waste of time to steal from me. Other than that adrenaline rush experience, the day was ended perfectly in beautiful vineyard restaurant up in the hill.

As you had known, I did not like to act like a tourist (even when I was) including in this home of Mozart. My friend knew about it, so instead of taking me to other scenic place, she took me to her childhood life. We went to a theme park! At the beginning we only wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel and enjoyed Vienna from above, but the plan was expanded. We stayed after the ride and rode other crazy game. We chose a short yet one hella intense jet coaster.

She said we were walking upon her childhood memory: ate some Hungary langos--a delicious fried bread with garlic, then rode the said jet coaster before picked cotton candy as our comfort food in the end. It was fun but so exhausting. We finally ended the perfect Sunday by sitting in her very comfy sofa. The small talks were also so honest, I would forever cherish my time with her. It was so easy and calming at some point.

And then.... I went to Praha! Basically, the trip to Praha was so magical. Honestly it was a struggle to describe how perfect my solo trip to Praha was. Like any other solo trip, the best part was it was all about you and yourself only. No interruption. No need to ask permission from others. No need to be so considerate. You could go wherever your heart desired.

I arrived there before noon, I decided to take a nap before walked to the famous Charles Bridge.

Have you ever experienced visiting a new place and your eyes became so greedy that they wanted to capture every single view? Yes, Praha made my brain did that. Only in Praha I guess--no offense to other city that I already visited though. I could not lie to myself, it was so beautiful that Praha was rapidly climbing and proudly sitting on top of my list. Yes, I did not even think Paris would able to be it's rival (no offense again for Paris).

In Praha, the streets were so narrow--my kind of favorite thing about Europe because they were made to be walked upon by feet. There were also a lot of small cafes and people were so friendly. I would always remember sitting in the Charles Bridge while watching three passionate cellists played so beautifully they got me stunned. The moment was so personal... they were so inspiring. I did not know how many time I beat myself (until now) because I stopped myself from buying their CD back then. Well, the truth was it wast not me stopping myself but my pocket. I did not carry enough money to buy it. Ugh, me and my fear to bring cash with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment